Ready for this 6 pack abs challenge that will slim and strengthen your abdominal area? You’ll be able to get rid of the belly pooch and diminish your love handles in just 30 days.
All it takes is less than 20 minutes a day for the next month. At the end of the challenge you’ll notice how loose your clothes become. This 6 pack abs challenge is not about basic crunches. Yeeey! It involves five different abdominal exercises to target every angle of your midsection.
So you’ll not gonna work just the front abdominal muscles, known as the 6 pack abs, but also the obliques and the lower back muscles. This abs challenge is a complete core workout.
Here are the 5 exercises used in this abs workout. They’re simple, easy and you probably already know how to do them. But if you don’t know, here are the guidelines:
1. REVERSE CRUNCHES
- Lie on the ground with your back flat on the floor.
- Lift your legs off the floor and bend your knees at a 90 degree angle. Make sure your ankles are parallel to the floor.
- Engage your abs and slightly raise your tailbone off the floor while pulling your knees towards the chest.
- Lower back to the starting position.
- Repeat as many times as needed.
2. Mountain Climbers
- Begin in a pushup position, supporting your body with your hands and toes only.
- Bring the left knee in towards the chest, resting the foot on the floor.
- Jump up and switch feet in the air, bringing the right foot in and the left foot back.
- Continue alternating the feet as quickly as possible while keeping your core nice and tight.
3. BICYCLE CRUNCHES
- Lie flat on your back with hands behind your head and legs fully extended at a 30 degree angle with the floor.
- Perform a crunch while slowly swinging your left elbow to your right knee.
- Alternate sides to finish a repetition.
- Do as many reps as needed and as fast as you can.
Crunches work the mid-section of your abdominal area or the rectus abdominis muscle. This is an effective exercise to start with if you want to strengthen your core. Here’s how you should do it.
STEPS TO DO CRUNCHES
- Lie down on your back on the exercise mat.
- Flex your knees and keep your feet flat on the ground.
- Place your hands on either side of your head to support its weight.
- Now, curl up at an angle of 30 degrees and exhale.
- Inhale and go down to the starting position.
- Repeat this for 2-3 sets of 10 reps.
Plank helps to strengthen the core, improve posture, and reduce back pain. It reduces your tummy bulge and works on the rectus abdominis, internal and external obliques, transverse abdominis, arms, shoulders, quads, back, and hip muscles. Here’s how to do the plank correctly.
STEPS TO DO PLANK
- Kneel down on your exercise mat.
- Put your palms in front of you. Your palms must be flat on the mat, and arms straight (Cat Pose).
- Bend down and place your forearms on the mat.
- Extend your legs behind. Keep them straight, and the toes flexed.
- Hold this pose for 10-20 seconds (or more) and feel your shoulders, core, and quads burn.
- Release and repeat this 3 more times.